Stevens School was built in three phases. The original structure, which housed 288 students in twelve classrooms was built in 1957. Ten years later the library, stage, cafeteria, and thirteen additional classrooms were added. The school took the form it has today, with the addition of the Anthony A. Morganti Gymnasium, in 1975. Today, the school has a total of 31 classrooms including 6 modular units that house 4th and 5th grade students. Our K - 5 population totals 556 students.
The comprehensive program of education at Stevens is accomplished by an outstanding faculty of 55 certified teachers with additional full and part time support personnel. In order to meet the needs of a diverse student population, auxiliary services are provided in special education, guidance, and social work. Stevens School’s Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports program helps provide an educational setting that is safe, caring and highly productive. Good study habits, self discipline, strong character, and good citizenship are developed and rewarded throughout our school.
Academic Work: Academic work is the core of the curriculum. Students are expected to achieve to the maximum of their abilities. On standardized achievement tests, a substantial percentage of students achieves above average scores. Stevens School recognizes the importance of reading to every subject area and strives to make every student and excellent reader.